- Equipped with Legacy control system – revolutionary system allows to run it like a real engineer. (Legacy bases and remotes sold separately)
- Odyssey II speed control – allows control of speed – even creeping.
- Legacy Rail sounds sound system: Crew dialog, Tower-com announcements, DynaChuff synchronized with 32 levels of intensity and more.
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- Directional lighting, operating headlight, backup light on tender, illuminating lights and more.
Details: Lionel is moving forward with a built-to-order process for a number of our high end steam and diesel engines. We want to enhance the collectible nature for the product you purchase as well as ensure we are able to continue to offer new and innovative items in the future. Place your order today so you don't miss the opportunity to own one of these limited edition legacy steam locomotives. The 3 truck Shay with pistons, gears and drive shafts spinning wildly on the side of the locomotive, the sight and sound of a Shay in action are feasts for the senses. Designed for hauling heavy trains along sharp curves and steep grades, the Shay was a versatile steam locomotive seemingly as well adapted to most 684240 railroads as the prototypes' mountainous domains. Based on the massive 3-truck Shay #6 built for the western Maryland, the Lionel 684240 represents the ultimate evolution of these well-adapted Iron horses. Available now for the first time with full legacy features, including whistle steam.
Release Date: 16-12-2017