Brand: Kato USA Model Train Products
- Elegant, collector friendly hanger style packaging, containing an operating Kato locomotive and cars (just add track)
- Locomotive has directional head and tail lights in the nose to accurately display the correct lighting pattern whether pushing or pulling
- Cab-Coach has directional head and tail lights to accurately display the correct lighting pattern whether pushing or pulling
- Cars have smooth rolling blackened metal wheels and electrical pickup to allow easy installation of optional interior lighting
- Chicago Metra licensed products
Details: From the Manufacturer The Motive Power International MP36PH is used by a number of cities across the country for commuter service, their often distinctive and colorful paint schemes serving to make these locomotives the "figureheads" for local commuter service. The modern Nippon Sharyo-built Gallery Bi-Level is based off of the same concept as the original Santa Fe "El Capitan" Bi-level design concept, whose success went on to inspire such double decker cars as Amtrak's Superliners and the Bombardier Bi-Level car which is also used in commuter service. Today, gallery Bi-Level cars such as those used by the Chicago Metra commuter service can be seen operating in several states across the United States, such as Virginia and California. This set is part of Kato's "Starter Series" basic train line and contains a locomotive as well as three passenger cars in a single, attractive package. Includes: MPI MP36PH Chicago Metra Locomotive #416, Nippon-Sharyo Gallery Bi-Level Metra Coaches #6070 and #6153, Nippon-Sharyo Gallery Bi-Level Metra Cab-Coach #8507.