- The Mircoscale Micro Package is for improving the adhesion of the decal. Really pulls the decal down onto the mode
- Features Setting Solution for decals Softens decals and improves adhesion Decal removerThe Trainz SKU for this item is P11588010
- It completely softens the decal, allowing it to drape down onto the surface of the model, comforming perfectly to surface irregularities without distortion.
- The most amazing results in seemingly impossible places are possible because Micro Sol actually makes the decal part of the painted surface.
- For the best results, first apply micro sol to prepare the surface and enhance the adhesive.
Details: Micro Set is a very versatile decal setting solution that does several things to Microscale Decals to improve application. Micro Set should be applied to the surface of the model where you will be sliding the decal off the paper backing. Micro Set prepares the surface with special wetting agents that cut the oils in new paint and converts the adhesive on the back of the decal to a stronger and longer lasting one. In addition, Micro Set slightly softens the decal film to make it more flexible so that it will conform better to the model's surface. Better adhesion of the decal to the model prevents tiny air bubbles from forming and results in an invisible carrier film for the so-called "painted on look." To apply Micro Set: Use a soft flat artist's brush and apply Micro Set where you are going to apply the decal. Then slide the decal off the backing paper using a small pointed tip synthetic bristle brush to carefully position the decal in its proper position. Blot the decal carefully with a tissue or paper toweling, being careful not to disturb its position. Allow the decal to dry overnight. It will then be ready for a protective coat of Micro Coat Flat, Satin or Gloss.Micro Sol setting solution is for the most difficult irregular surfaces to be found on models. It completely softens the Microscale Decal, allowing it to drape down onto the surface of the model, conforming perfectly to surface irregularities without distortion. The most amazing results in seemingly impossible places are possible because Micro Sol actually makes the decal part of the painted surface. For that reason, you should coat Micro Sol on for only a few seconds and then leave it alone. It does the work. Do not touch until the decal has dried, as the decal is very soft at this stage and could be easily damaged. For the best results, first apply Micro Sol to prepare the surface and enhance the adhesive. Make sure the surface is free of particles that could get under the decal's film and